Vembu announced the release of a new Vembu BDR Suite 4.0 with the new features:
- Hyper-V cluster support (incremental backups even if VM moves);
- Support for shared VHDx ;
- CheckSum for incremental backups;
- Credential Manager functionality.
It has also been improved:
- Vembu ImageBackup now continues after a crash from the moment the crash occurred;
- the ability to change VM hardware settings during startup from backup (live recovery);
- improved live recovery functionality in Hyper-V;
- improved application-aware functionality in Hyper-V (you can select individual VMs);
- it is possible to cancel the Vembu OffsiteDR replication task;
- API was added to get detailed information on storage utilization (VM size, compression ratio, task size);
- new disks fall into the backup with incremental backups. Previously, this happened only when creating a full backup.
New Vembu BDR Suite 4.0 functionality in Microsoft Hyper-V clustered scenarios will be discussed in the webinar: Are your servers Highly Available?
You can Register for this upcoming live webinar from Vembu: Vembu extends support to Hyper-V Cluster with 4.0.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Managing highly available Hyper-V Setup;
- Spotlight on Hyper-V Cluster;
- Key functionalities up with v4.0.
- November 3, Thursday at 1:00 PM CT, 11:00 AM PT – for Americas;
- November 22, Thursday at 10:00 AM CEST – for UK;
- November 28, Wednesday at 11:00 AM GST, 12:30 PM IST, 3:00 PM SGT – for APAC.
The official release date is still unknown, but version 4.0 is expected this month. Further information about the Vembu BDR Suite can be found on the Vembu website.